Header

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Playing doctor

Last night, I wanted to help Chad practice for his "patient history" exam today.
(It's where the doctors ask all about your medication, family, health, recreation history, etc.)

He looked at me cautiously, with a raised eyebrow and asked, "You really want me to ask about your history?"
Me, "Yeah I'll make up a character!"
He agreed and started right into it by sticking his hand out for me to shake it, "Hi Mrs. Spencer, I'm Chad. I'm going to be asking you a few questions before the doctor comes in."

Me, "HOLD ON! First, why did you say your name was 'CHAD'?! Shouldn't you say 'Dr. Spencer?'"
Him, "Babe, I'm not a doctor yet, so I'm Chad." And he continued ...

He proceeded to ask me lots of questions about my past medical health, family health, etc.
Somehow (and believe me, it just happened, no pre-meditation) I was a young married women, who had polio, small-pox and chicken-pox as a kid. My right eye didn't see very well, my parents were both dead and I had 6 brothers and 5 sisters who were all diabetic and alcoholic. I was anorexic because my husband was physically abusive, while sleeping around with other women. (What?!?! Guys, my imagination is uncontrollable sometimes ...) 

Through all of my ridiculous answers Chad was very professional and never ONCE broke out of his "doctorly-med-student" vibe he was sporting. I must say, it was pretty darn sexy.

After that he "robed" me (put a towel under my arms) and proceeded with the physical exam. Everything was fine until he said he wanted to look up my nose.

Me, "Are you serious?!"
Him, "Yeah, tilt your head up."
Me, "NO! There are somethings that should be left to a patient and her doctor, NOT husband and wife."
Chad shrugged, I'm sure he thought it was no big deal. But seriously?! How un-sexy is to be like, "hey husband, come look up my nose ..." grosssssss!

All in all he did a really good job (like I have anything to compare it to ...)
It was fun to see my man in action and the absolute confidence he had.
Mr. Spencer will make a fine Dr. Spencer.

 photo sign_zps684bf94b.png

No comments :

Post a Comment