Header

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mowab

Chad and I went to Moab (or Mowab depending on who you asked) for Memorial Day weekend. It was a blast! Friday we hiked to about 8 arches. Saturday was spent on the sand and slick rock mountain biking. Sunday we floated down the Colorado river. 

Let the bomb of photos begin ...

Delicate arch







Devils Garden

Chad thought it would be cool to drop his indestructible Nalgene bottle off a cliff ... needless to say Nalgenes are NOT indestructible. The bottom and side of his water bottle shattered. Rest in Peace Nalgene ...









 We thought this tree was so cool because the needles only grew on the left side due to the wind and sand.

 He is extremely handsome.

 This was the coolest arch by far. Navajo arch. I wasn't biased towards it at all because of my Indian nature ...



The wind kept blowing my bangs up from my ponytail. We just referred to them as my Indian feathers. 



Mountain Biking!

During our fantastic mountain biking adventure, I wanted to go fast ... real fast. As we were coming down from some slick rock, I didn't realize just how fast I was going. Then I had an out of body experience. My bike had stopped but I was flying over it, through the air and into rock. I hit the rock and was in shock about what just happened. After the initial .3439 seconds of pain, I laughed about how poor my judgement was. 

Luckily I married a champ and he whipped out the first aid kit and bandaged me up. Then we continued onward. I'll spare everyone the gruesome pictures of what my knee and elbow look like two days later. Yuck.


 River Rafting.


 I look evil in this picture thanks to my aviators and the shadows.

 Chad rowing us along ...



  I tried ...




 Our campsite.




We had such a great time camping together. A few times I was caught off guard by how majestic the scenery was. Countdown to our next camping trip!

 photo sign_zps684bf94b.png

2 comments :

  1. Haze...you are looking as SELXY as ever. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Smash. It's hard looking good when you're makeup-less and dirty.

      Delete