Header

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

That one time Harrison came home ...

It has officially been one week since Harrison returned home from his mission in Taiwan. You guuuuys ... I cannot explain in words how stinking excited I was for him to come home!


Long story short, he came was walking towards us from behind, and I was impatiently turning in circles when I saw him. (I was the first to see him!) Absolute pure, raw emotion took over me. My heart felt like it dropped and I literally could not breathe. I tried to coherently say something but all that came out of my mouth were jumbled words reflecting, "ohmygooosh" over and over and over. I ran to him, bawling like a baby and hugged him for what felt like ten minutes. It was one of rare times in my life that I had absolutely no control over myself. I was (as Chad put it) so happy I was giddy. It was unbelievable that my best little brother friend was finally standing in front of me after the longest two years ever.

He kept talking in Chinese and I just didn't care. All I wanted to do was talk to him and listen to his Chinese and cry some more because I was overcome with emotion.

I am grateful that he served diligently and honorably for the last two years. I received so many Facebook messages from his Taiwanese members who said they loved him and missed him. He is so loved by the people he served and that's apparent by all the letters, photos, Skype chats (already!!!) but also how Harry talks about Taiwan and the people he served there. He told Chad & I that coming home was extremely difficult because he loved the Taiwanese people so incredibly much.

I am glad to have him home though. An apostle once said, "The Lord judges your success during your mission by how you live the gospel once you return home." That means Harry was a fantastic missionary because he's going to continue to live what he taught.

Here's the vid and please ignore how ridiculous I sound squeaking and crying, I'm an ugly crier ...


 photo sign_zps684bf94b.png

3 comments :