Header

Monday, March 10, 2014

To be completely honest

I'm a blogging slacker. I blame some of it on grad school which is giving me gray hair and sucking all the light out of my life. Thank goodness for this wonderful spring break week.

Chad and I went on a hot date to his cadaver lab Saturday night after class. Honestly, it was pretty awesome. I thought I would be grossed out, but as Chad kept telling me, "these are not people anymore." I kept that mantra on repeat as he showed me all of the parts he has dissected and guys ... I got to hold a real human heart in my hand. I'm in communications, that was truly, and honestly a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. It was thought-provoking and surreal, I honestly loved it. 


Then that handsome man of mine went all out and made Brazilian food for Sunday dinner. My heart was swooning. Feijoada, couve cozida, Guaraná and Mousse de maracujá. You guys ... this took me right back to Brazil and all the people I love who live there. Chad and I are really going to try our darndest to get back there after his Step 1 next March. 


Lastly, I would like to issue a public apology to my amazing, incredibly extraordinary husband. The last 4 weeks of grad school truly got the better of me. I apologize for being angry and cold. I apologize for not giving you the recognition you deserve for cleaning the house, doing the laundry, taking care of Hobbes and simply loving me when I know it was hard. You are my dream man and so much more than I deserve, I am the luckiest lady on this earth.


Only 60 days until I walk.  photo sign_zps684bf94b.png

No comments :

Post a Comment