Header

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Learning from our home

Lessons I've learned from our 1880's home.

#1) If you want to be a responsible adult and do the dishes the hot water pipe WILL burst!!! Surging waters will start to fill up your cabinet where all your cleaning supplies are. You'll have to risk your skin and face to reach and turn off the water. All the while being sprayed mercilessly by hot water that becomes more intense before it turns off. I seriously looked like this:

ul_Daily-N_Pepper_spray_805_01+Z

#2) If you want to be clean and put your clothes away properly you must enter a freezer to do so. Yes, our closet is the same temperature as it is outside. Rather than risk going into it I have a nice pile of clothes on the side of my bed, seriously, I don't want to get frost bite from being tidy!

woman-in-hat-001

#3) If I want to be a good wife and make my husband pancakes on our electric griddle AND heat him hot cocoa in the microwave, all the power in the house will turn off. Then we'll have to trudge through the snow outside to try and get it back on. Cold cereal is a breakfast staple.

blackout

#4) To get heat going through the living room we need to turn on the ceiling fan. That way all the hot air at the top of our ceiling gets pushed to the floor. Makes sense, to get warm turn on fan.

MEN-AS09-ghi-ceiling-fan

All in all I can now say that I've learned how to be a better functioning adult. If not that I've learned a great deal of patience.

1 comment :

  1. HAHAHA oh man. Too good. I love you haze. You know, someday you will not have to deal with these annoying things any more, and you will even realize that it makes you and Chad grow more strong and patient together. :-)

    ReplyDelete