Header

Monday, February 11, 2013

God is good

Today is one of those days that I am overwhelmed by the goodness of God. I am overwhelmed at the blessings he gives me, and how kind he is towards me and my family.

Sometimes I have a hard time accepting all that he has given to me, sometimes I think, "but why?" Why am I so fortunate and lucky and blessed? Why have I been given so much, when others have so little?

I read a story about a wonderful RM who was in a car accident. He went into a coma for about a month. He finally came out of it but he has to re-learn EVERYTHING. Walking, talking, breathing. As I read the story I couldn't help but get tears in my eyes. Why was this young man given this trial, when I am so blessed to have a physical and capable body without limitations?

Then I thought to some people I know, they are in their twenties but have gotten married in the temple, then divorced. Why did they have spouses who chose different paths? Why am I given the most amazing man in the world to be my husband?

I kept thinking, why do I have an amazing job? Why do I have a wonderful family who was able to put me through college? Why do I have a car, a home, food to eat, clothes to wear?

I'm no better than anyone else, why have I been given so much?

Then I remembered some scriptures that touched my heart:

“For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.


“Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall … follow after much tribulation.


“For after much tribulation come the blessings” (D&C 58:2–4).


Everyone has trials, and everyone's trials are different.

God has blessed me with more than I can ever thank him for. But that doesn't mean I won't have trials. In the foreseeable future I can see medical school being a trial. So maybe that is a trial that is tailor made for Chad and I. Where someone who is out of work, that trial is tailor made for them.

God knows us more personally and intimately than we know ourselves. That means he knows how to bless us, and how to try us. In the times of blessing I need to be grateful for all I've been given. In times of trial I need to also remember all I've been given.

2 comments :

  1. Just what I needed to hear today. :-) I love your blog Haze. My favorite posts are the inspirational ones like this. Today I have been going through a trial of my own, with an AWFUL coworker who I wish would just get smacked in the face with a baseball bat. Ok not that harsh, but it was pretty bad today. Anyway, just to hear about trials and how God takes care of us, and knows what we need to go through to learn certain lessons in our lives, lets just say it was a great reminder. LOVE YOU!!!! You are the best. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Smash, I'm so glad you liked it. I'm totally with you on wanting to smack a few co-workers. Hahaha, love you!

    ReplyDelete