Header

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Date Idea!

A few weeks ago I was feeling like Mr. Spencer was doing a lot for me, but I wasn't really giving anything in return. I decided to create a date that was focused 100% on him. It was super easy and cheap to put on, but we had a really great time. Here's the date.

  • Think of some things your SO enjoys. For me I came up with seven things that interest Mr. Spencer.


chad1




  • Write a sweet note explaining the date and what will take place.


chad2




  • Plan an activity that corresponds with each interest you thought of.


This is what I did for Mr. Spencer:

1- Drinks, mixology:
Chad's always making great new non-alcoholic drinks. I decided to take him to Spark where we could try some of their amazing creations. We ordered habanero lime lemonade, simply citrus, passion fruit and desert pear lemonade. We also ordered herb fries as an appetizer.

2- Cooking:
Chad LOVES to cook but I saved this part for later in the date. After Spark we came home and ate dinner that I cooked for him. But knowing that he wanted in on the action I planned to let him cook deep fried Oreos for me. I'm glad I did because they were delish!

3- Music, piano:
Chad's an amazing pianist, and I can pound out chopsticks. For this part of the date we sat down and played a few SUPER EASY songs together. Then I picked out some songs I wanted him to play for me. It was great to see his enthusiasm for the piano, and just listen to him play.

4- Skiing:
This one was fun. We both put on a few pieces of our snow gear and sat down on the couch. There I pulled up some AMAZING freestyle skiing videos that were really fun to watch. You can one of them here.

5- Shooting:
It was too dark (and cold) to actually go out shooting. But that's nothing that a Wii shooting game can't fix.

6- Relaxation:
I let Chad get comfy and I put on some Enya and dimmed the lights. Then I gave him a nice long massage to loosen up all those tense skiing muscles

7- Your favorite:
This is NOT what you're thinking. It was his favorite movie, A Beautiful Mind.

It was overall a really fun date to plan and even more fun to do. Easy, cheap and fun! Plus your SO will think you're the best person in the entire world for thinking of them.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment