Header

Monday, February 4, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle

My dear sweet husband has been going to Y-Be-Fit for the past three weeks now. Y-Be-Fit is a 12 week program at BYU where they measure you, weigh you, tell you how many calories you should be eating, how much to exercise and what exercises to be doing. He wants to get into tip top shape before med school and decided this was the way to do it.

I'll admit I'm pretty impressed by his diligence. He's been keeping track of his food intake, how much fat, protein and calories certain foods have. Then he asked me to buy all fruits and veggies when I went grocery shopping on Saturday. He fills out his food log after each meal and snack; and he's been good at not going over.

At first I didn't really like his "healthy lifestyle" change because I'd be eating ice cream and when I asked if he wanted some he'd say, "no thanks." NO THANKS!? Who doesn't WANT ICE CREAM?! Suffice it to say he DID want ice cream, but he has better self-control than I do and didn't eat any.

Well I decided I would try and do this "healthy lifestyle" change as well. Not that I'm going to cut out my favorite foods. I'm just going to try and fill up more with veggies and protein. Also, I've been doing BodyRock for the past few weeks and it kicks.my.butt. Throw in some cardio and I'm good to go.

I've deci

No comments :

Post a Comment