Header

Monday, October 15, 2012

First Date

This weekend was really great with my Chadicous. No we didn't do anything crazy amazing. But there were some moments we had together that were priceless to me.


Friday was a stressful day for me. That husband of mine gave me a back massage and let me drift off to sleep early.

Saturday was a nightmare. That husband of mine picked me up from the ground where I sat crying and carried me over to the bed. Where he cuddled and kissed me. And asked about my feelings and really cared. That same night I was washing dishes when I heard music coming from our living room ... piano music. It was Chad playing the piano. I can't think of any better thing than listening to him play the piano. It was soothing. He let me pick out some songs for him to play. One of which was "Come What May" yes, from Moulin Rouge. Hearing him play it on the piano was even better than the movie. I had so much emotion tied to him playing that song. I felt, overwhelmed. It was a really intimate moment for me, one that he created without knowing. I felt connected to my husband and I wished he would just play that song all night with me sitting there staring at his hands gracefully moving over the keys.

Then he was my hero and played "The Cave" by Mumford and Sons. My heart literally soared the entire time he was playing it. He doesn't like Mumford, but he has no idea that him playing made my entire day. He then kissed me on the forehead. That wonderful hour of him playing is one of my fondest moments to date.

Sunday I made waffles for breakfast and we went to church. Afterward we drove the Alpine Loop. One year ago we drove the same Alpine Loop for our first date. How charming life is to be with him in the same car one year later with a ring on my finger. On our first date I didn't even think about if we would get married. All I knew was I wanted to be with him. And now I am. One year later from our first date, I'm his wife.

How lucky am I?



P.S. To see how Chad's interview went check out his med school update page.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment